The stages of my career as an artist – Part 8
Series of articles on the different stages of my career as an artist. Florence 2019-20.
Paintings on image above from left to right:
- Él y ella. 35×52 cm (available)
- Women 2020. 36X51,5 cm (available)
- Mujer con dos caras. 36×52 cm (sold)
- Sisters. 36×51,5 cm (available)
In 2013, I stopped making art, and I left the Art Studio where I used to work.
In 2018, someone gave me the opportunity to have a solo exhibition in an alternative space next to the Biennale, in Venice. My first answer was “no”. After a few days, I reconsidered the proposal and I accepted.
The exhibition was a success. I was back.
The pieces I created during 2019 are all small scale, and most of them are portraits. In 2020, I mostly draw.
Oil on canvas. Florence 2020. Inspired by my daughter and her cousin during summer 2020. The painting displays something I see often and that doesn’t depend on the age: spending time together but alone.
Woman in Piazza del Carmine
Mix on canvas. Florence 2020. Inspired by an elderly woman I met in Florence while waiting for my laundry to finish. She talked to me just for a few minutes, which were enough to feel her deep sense of loneliness and isolation. She had a shy smile on her sweet face, an ambiguous smile. The painting doesn’t depict a lonely elderly woman but a young one, a woman with copper tears. I gifted her with eternal youth. I never saw her again.
State of paintings
Most paintings are available for sale. I have sold only 2 of them. (I keep 2 works in my private collection).
They are in good conditions, apart from the 2 pieces in my private collection which have been created using an old piece of canvas (wrinkled canvas).
- Cousins 35,5×51,5 cm (2020)
- Él y ella 35×52 cm
- Introvert 35,5×51,5 cm (2020)
- Mujer con horquilla 30,5×54 cm (2019)
- WOMEN 2020 36X51,5 cm (2020)
- Mujer con pendiente de cobre 37×55 cm
- Mujer con vestido dorado 35×50 cm (2019)
- Woman in bathrobe 30,5×56,5 cm
- Woman in Piazza del Carmine 36X52 cm (2020)
- Sisters 51,5×36 cm (2019)
- Mujer con dos caras 36×52
- Pareja en kimono dorado
- Woman with gold blouse (2019)
- Niñas con horquilla (2019)
Get in touch if you are interested in the available paintings!
I see you in my next post!